Tasty Keto Avocado Toast Recipe
Keto avocado toast is a dream brunch recipe with hearty, creamy ripe avocado spread onto crunchy, toasted low-carb bread.
Since avocado toast had a major moment in the spotlight a few years ago, it’s proven to have staying power on restaurant menus and in our hearts.
And now, thanks to the low-carb bread mix form NuTrail, even if you’re following a keto diet, you can make Instagram-worthy avocado toast right at home.
How to Make Keto Avocado Toast
Because avocados are already naturally high in healthy fats and low in carbs (one medium avocado has 29 grams of fat and 4 grams of net carbs), they make a perfect keto toast-topper.
That means to make keto avocado toast, it’s all about the bread.
NuTrail Keto White Bread Mix is made with vital wheat gluten and coconut flour for a low-carbohydrate sliced bread that holds its shape and has great flavor. All you need to bake up a fresh loaf is:
- Two eggs
- 1½ tablespoons of honey (this will be consumed by the yeast, so there’s minimal remaining sugar in the dough)
- ⅛ cup of melted butter. If you use unsalted butter, the bread will have plenty of flavor on its own.
We love sprinkling cotija or goat cheese and plenty of crushed red pepper flakes on our avocado toast, but the possibilities are endless! Here are some other keto-friendly ways to top your toast:
- Pumpkin seeds
- NuTrail Nut Granola
- A fried egg
- Prosciutto or other deli meat
- Smoked salmon
- Crispy bacon
- Mozzarella cheese
Prep time: 10 minutes
Resting time: 6 hours
Cook time: 50 minutes
4 slices NuTrail Keto White Bread Mix
¼ cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese
Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Toast the bread to your desired doneness.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, and slice thinly.
- Mash the avocado onto the toast. Top with cheese, crushed red pepper and cilantro. Serve immediately.
More Keto-Friendly Recipes to Try
Try these other recipes with NuTrail products next:
- Best Keto Breakfast Sandwiches with buttery NuTrail biscuits
- Keto Fish Sticks with nut granola
- Strawberry Shortcakes with keto biscuits
Have fun designing your own homemade Keto Avocado Toast, and be sure to tag us on Instagram @NuTrailOfficial with your pics!
Sign up to receive NuTrail updates.