Chia pudding is a convenient, healthy, and portable breakfast or snack that happens to be gluten-free and sugar-free! Add NuTrail Nut Granola for a crunchy and sweet topping.
If you’re looking for a fast make-ahead breakfast that’s also healthy, tasty and packed with nutrients, chia pudding is a great option.
You can easily make a big batch and enjoy creamy and sweet pudding for breakfast all week long. Add your favorite toppings for a satisfying meal or snack any time!
How to Make Easy Chia Pudding
Making chia pudding is fast and easy. You can make it directly in the bowl or jar you’ll eat it out of, or make a bigger batch and divide it between serving bowls.
Here’s what you need to make healthy chia pudding:
- Chia seeds. These are high in fiber and healthy fats. You can find them in the baking or specialty health second of most well-stocked grocery stores.
- Almond milk. Feel free to use your favorite kind of milk, they all work!
- Vanilla extract. This is optional, but adds a nice warming flavor to the pudding.
- Salt. This helps heighten the sweetness of your pudding.
- Sweeteners. You can use any keto-friendly, or regular, sweetener you like. Or feel free to omit the sweetener altogether.
- Toppings. Add crunchy Nut Granola, fresh fruit, or any of your favorite sweet toppings to complete the dish.
Low-Sugar Sweetener Options
If you’re looking for low-carb, low-sugar ways to sweeten your chia pudding or any treat, here are some good options to try:
- Monkfruit. This plant-derived sweeter comes in liquid and powdered forms and has a sweet flavor with any off-putting aftertaste.
- Stevia. This is another powdered or liquid sweetener made from a plant. It has more of its own flavor than monk fruit.
- Sucralose, an artificial sweetener that’s sold as Splenda.
When you’re ready to dig into your chia puddings, you can add your favorite toppings. NuTrail Vanilla Strawberry Nut Granola (or any of your keto-friendly granolas) makes a delicious topping that’s sweet, nutty, fruity, and perfectly crunchy.
For added fiber, sweetness, and color, add your favorite fresh berries or chopped fruit.
You can also add shaved coconut chips, a sprinkle of seeds such as flax or sunflower, or a dusting of unsweetened cocoa powder on top. The options are pretty endless!
¼ cup chia seeds
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1–2 tablespoons monk fruit or other powdered sweetener
Pinch kosher salt
Toppings of choice, such as NuTrail Keto Vanilla Strawberry Nut Granola
- In a bowl with a lid, whisk together the chia seeds, milk, vanilla extract, sweetener, and salt for 30 seconds to 1 minute, making sure there are no lumps.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight.
- When you’re ready to serve, add your favorite toppings and enjoy.
More Healthy NuTrail Recipes to Try
NuTrail — Nut Granolas and Nuts
Join our Keto Community on Instagram & Facebook.
Sign up to receive NuTrail updates.